Intel today announced the new Intel Xeon E-2100 processor that is designed for entry-level workstations. This new processor offers improved single-threaded application performance with a platform optimized for reliability and affordability. It also offers higher max turbo frequency, faster DRAM speeds, enhanced I/O, and advanced security and reliability features when compared to its predecessor.
The Intel Xeon E-2100 processor is a 6-core processor targeted at entry-level workstations. The combination of two additional cores and higher single-core turbo frequency delivers increases in performance across workstation benchmarks as compared with previous 4-core entry workstation processors. The processor offers Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory, a key feature to maximize data integrity, to help improve system stability and to reduce the possibility of silent data corruption.
Intel Xeon E-2100 processor highlights:
- Up to 6 cores and 12 threads
- Up to 4.7 GHz using Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
- Up to 64GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
- Available with Intel UHD Graphics 630 supporting 4K UHD with built-in HEVC 10-bit hardware acceleration delivers enhanced 4K media decoding and encoding
- Up to 40 lanes of PCIe* for graphics, storage and network expandability
- Support for USB* 3.1 and Thunderbolt™ technology
- Support for Intel® Optane™ memory for a faster, smoother and amazingly responsive computing experience
Advanced hardware-enhanced security with Intel® vPro™ technology and enhanced Intel® Software Guard Extensions Support for Intel® Ethernet and Intel® Wireless-AC networking.