NVIDIA today announced its first Turing architecture-based GPUs, the NVIDIA Quadro RTX 8000, Quadro RTX 6000 and Quadro RTX 5000. These GPUs come with support for hardware-accelerated ray tracing, AI, advanced shading and simulation. NVIDIA also revealed the Quadro RTX Server, a reference architecture for highly configurable, on-demand rendering and virtual workstation solutions from the datacenter.
Highlights of the new NVIDIA Quadro RTX GPUs:
- New RT Cores to enable real-time ray tracing of objects and environments with physically accurate shadows, reflections, refractions and global illumination.
- Turing Tensor Cores to accelerate deep neural network training and inference, which are critical to powering AI-enhanced rendering, products and services.
- New Turing Streaming Multiprocessor architecture, featuring up to 4,608 CUDA cores, delivers up to 16 trillion floating point operations in parallel with 16 trillion integer operations per second to accelerate complex simulation of real-world physics.
- Advanced programmable shading technologies to improve the performance of complex visual effects and graphics-intensive experiences.
- First implementation of ultra-fast Samsung 16Gb GDDR6 memory to support more complex designs, massive architectural datasets, 8K movie content and more.
- NVIDIA NVLink to combine two GPUs with a high-speed link to scale memory capacity up to 96GB and drive higher performance with up to 100GB/s of data transfer.
- Hardware support for USB Type-C and VirtualLink, a new open industry standard being developed to meet the power, display and bandwidth demands of next-generation VR headsets through a single USB-C connector.
- New and enhanced technologies to improve performance of VR applications, including Variable Rate Shading, Multi-View Rendering and VRWorks Audio.
|GPU||Memory||Memory with NVLink||Ray Tracing||CUDA Cores||Tensor Cores|
|Quadro RTX 8000||48GB||96GB||10 GigaRays/sec||4,608||576|
|Quadro RTX 6000||24GB||48GB||10 GigaRays/sec||4,608||576|
|Quadro RTX 5000||16GB||32GB||6 GigaRays/sec||3,072||384|
- Quadro RTX 8000 with 48GB memory: $10,000
- Quadro RTX 6000 with 24GB memory: $6,300
- Quadro RTX 5000 with 16GB memory: $2,300
Quadro RTX GPUs will be available in the fourth quarter this year.