rubox-ad-pcnuts

15-year-old boy killed in a smartphone explosion

15-year-old dies after smartphone explodes while talking, Police check whether the smartphone was Samsung Galaxy Note 7

While there have been thousands of reports of Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 exploding none have caused fatalities though some have caused grievous injuries up to now. For probably the first time an exploding smartphone believed to be Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 took somebody’s life. A 15-year-old boy died in Tamil Nadu, India after his Samsung smartphone caught fire on Thursday, leaving him with severe burns.

The police are enquiring whether the smartphone was Samsung Galaxy Note 7 which has long history of exploding in user’s hands and has been banned onboard planes almost all over the world.

According to a Times of India report, the 15-year-old was on the terrace speaking to someone on the mobile, when it burst into flames. Even as he tried to throw the phone away, his clothes caught fire, leaving him with 40% to 50% burns. The boy who is originally from Bangalore had gone to his native place to celebrate the new year.

While the police have not ruled out the culprit being a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, they have also stated that electromagnetic radiation from high tension power lines nearby could also be the reason. The smartphone was gifted to the boy last year by his parents.

The Samsung Galaxy Note explosion reports hit headlines after Samsung hurried through the launch to beat the upcoming Apple iPhone 7. Experts felt that Samsung in its efforts to get to market before Apple disregarded quality control and security checks before rolling out the Galaxy Note 7 to buyers. After a worldwide outcry, in September two weeks after the Note 7 launch, Samsung finally announced it was discontinuing Galaxy Note 7 smartphone sales and started issuing replacements to existing buyers.

Source 

rubox-ad-pcnuts